Monday, June 15, 2009

Sunday Thoughts…

  • Barry’s solo in the first service was heart stirring.
  • Worship was great in all three services.
  • I’m enjoying our sermon series on the Church as we explore God’s Word about His purpose for the church.
  • I’m looking forward to GBC becoming a dangerous church for the Lord!
  • Our keyboardist in the 2nd and 3rd service, Stephen Rutland, served his last Sunday with us. He is going to be part of a church plant in the upstate. We are excited for him. Pray for him. Great job Stephen in leading the Solemn Assembly worship.
  • I love seeing so many new faces at GBC. Even though we have had some friends depart from GBC, our growth has been great.
  • Our Solemn Assembly was a blessing. It’s ALWAYS a great time when God’s people get together to pray!
  • Ken Cox's testimony at the Solemn Assembly was moving. Did you get your mustard seed?
  • I’m reminded that Satan hates us and will seek to discourage us at ever turn.
  • I’m reminded that God loves us more and we are on the winning team!
  • I’m reminded that I love being your pastor! Thanks for encouraging me.
  • I want to finish the race that God has before me. I want to finish the race with you!

Continue to pray for our Children’s Ministry Sports Camp. We had a great first day.