Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rules of the Blog

I had put off doing a blog for a long time. There were several reasons. One was the time required. I did not want to start something only to quickly end it. Two, I wasn’t sure I had anything to say that was worth reading.

So I set out some rules for my blog:

  1. My intent is to keep most everything in my own words. If I use another person’s words, I will quote and cite the work. (If you find something that is not original to me, call me out on it and I will give credit)
  2. There will be some ideas that come from someone that I may have read a long time ago and have forgotten the source. So give me a break… I’m not sure any of us have truly original thoughts.
  3. I will be as honest as possible without violating a confidence.
  4. All first hand stories will be truthful and as accurate as possible, although I may change some information to protect a confidence.
  5. Your comments are welcome. You are free to disagree. But I am free to disagree back. I will not promise a detailed response to your emails.
  6. You are free to pass along to others anything I write. Just make sure you keep the words in context.
  7. Although I am seminary trained, attended Oxford University and have an earned doctorate, I am NOT an intellect or an academian… so don’t expect it. I have never considered myself to be a deep thinker, but I do think… at least I think I do.
  8. If you find a grammatical error… git over it. If the error becomes your focus that u no longer sea the statemint… well, it’s your rabit to chace.
  9. My first and foremost purpose is to honor God and lift up Jesus.
  10. My second purpose is to build up the Bride of Christ… his church… and in my case the Gateway family.