Monday, April 20, 2009

Sunday thoughts

  • Praise God for an awesome day. God’s Spirit was evident.
  • Baptisms are always a celebration!!!
  • A son baptized his mother
  • A father baptized 3 of his children
  • A high school student preparing for the Costa Rica Mission trip realized he had never asked Jesus into his life… saved & slam dunked!
  • A long time church member and church employee accepted Christ two weeks ago. Baptized Sunday (triple WOW!!!)
  • God is good ALL THE TIME
  • Worship was wonderful in all three services
  • Every Sunday you write notes, send emails, speak to me personally sharing about the newness of God’s Spirit you feel at GBC.

One MAJOR sermon correction from the 1st service: My brain kicked into neutral for a moment. I stated that when Jesus told Peter “upon this rock I will build my church,” it was after the resurrection… WRONG. I meant to say that Jesus made this statement to Peter before his denial, even though Jesus already knew that Peter would deny him later. No need to send me an email on that one. Thanks for letting me be human.

One last thing… I love being the pastor of GBC!