Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sunday Worship

Let me tell you what I thought of the worship this past Sunday. Wonderful. Genuine. Heartfelt. God honoring. Passionate. His Spirit was with us. The name of Jesus was lifted high. We were drawn into His presence! This is becoming the norm for Gateway.

As I thought of your worship, I was reminded of Psalms 101.

I will sing of your love and justice, Lord. I will praise you with songs.

If that is the true desire of your worship and praise, then practice the rest of Psalm 101. Let it become the standard of your life. The following is an abbreviated version:

… I will be careful to live a blameless life. (Christ-likeness)
… I will lead a life of integrity in my own home. (Integrity begins in the home!)
… I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar. (TV, movies, internet, magazines…)
… I hate all who deal crookedly. (Refuse to compromise your convictions in order to make a sale)
… I will reject perverse ideas. (Test everything by the Word of God)
(I will) stay away from every evil. (Definition of every evil: EVERY EVIL)
… I will not tolerate people who slander their neighbors. (Do not participate in gossip)
… I will not endure conceit and pride. (Beginning with yourself)
… I will search for faithful people to be my companions. (Be careful who you choose to be your friends for they will influence your life)

Now go and do it… then come prepared to WORSHIP on Sunday!!!

*(words in parenthesis are my own words)